Sunday, August 2, 2009

And so it begins

While Rebekah Templeton is closed for July and August, Sarah and I get a chance to step back and evaluate how we're doing. By about mid-July, I'm itchin' for the gallery to re-open. This year will hopefully be smoother simply because we're booked so far ahead. The last two years there's always been a frantic search every couple of months to fill some slot that has been left open due to various disappointments most of which were our own fault. But finally, we've got a full season planned way ahead. Ok, so I'm done patting myself on the back for something that seems to come naturally for everyone else, but credit where credits due.
Isobel Sollenberger and John Gibbons, who will be creating a number of pieces in the gallery for Sept, have started working. This is one of my favorite times. Its fantastic to watch things being made and not have the stress of making them. More interesting, there's always a surprise. While I've had multiple meetings and converstations with Isobel and John, I've seen sketches, etc, its always going to be differnet than what I imagine. I guess thats part of the magic.
So, they've started pouring the plaster into drywall bits that will be mounted to the false walls that John put up. They've died it a lavender color, which is hot. I still can't really picture what it will look like installed but I'm into it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment